Saturday, June 25, 2011

Irish Pub

The fact that the sun doesn't set until 10p really screws with how I tell time. I mean, if light is still out, I'll think that it's probably around 5 or 6, but holy smokes! it's 9pm!

The other night I went out to an Irish Pub to listen to some live music and drink some beer on the side. The music was very nice (acoustic of multiple songs by U2, Maroon 5, and others) and I tried an apple cider which didn't taste like non-alcoholic apple cider or beer. It was pretty good since it had the nice apple taste and it didn't have a strong bitter taste due to the alcohol content. Kurtis ordered a round of shots for the three of us so I tried a Jagermeister which kinda burned a little as it went down (probably a lot less than vodka would) and I also tried a Becks beer. Becks tastes kinda weird in my opinion, so I don't think I'll be ordering it again.

It was really nice just chilling, just drinking my beer and listening to music. When the pub got crowded, people started dancing a bit to the music and so I felt obligated to dance as well -___- . It's quite awkward for me so I didn't really like it.





It seems that life in Europe is a lot more relaxing than in the US. People don't rush for you to leave a restaurant by constantly pestering you to see if you want to have the bill. You can just lounge around outside a restaurant/cafe and just sip your drink and watch people go by and it feels like an overall relaxed attitude. For two days in a row, I just met up with other RISE participants and sat at different cafes to chat about random things and drink fruity drinks such as this Sex on the Beach.

I figure I really like this kind of lifestyle where I just have work from 9-5p and then I can just relax and do whatever I want after work. Lounge around and chat with some close friends. It just seems like a no stress lifestyle :) It makes me wonder what kind of job I should have in the future. I mean, maybe I just like experiencing everything in this foreign country so I don't mind having so much free time. I guess I'll just have to see :P

No comments:

Post a Comment