Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'M IN LONDON BABY!

I can't believe it took me the entire day to get to London. I got to the Hbf at around 11am and it wasn't until like 6:30 or so that I finally got to the hostel. I haven't really done anything since I got here because I wasn't really sure what was open on Sundays after 7pm. :\ I've basically been surfing the web since I got here. There's movie night at the hostel and there's like 20 something people just hanging out at the lounge and I just joined in. I find it quite weird how most of them weren't talking to each other though. People were just concentrating on the movies or just staring at their own laptops. Anyways, I'll explore London tomorrow. The Space Odyssey is playing right now and.....it doesn't look that interesting. I mean, these people have to talk more or something. If I was watching this thing by myself, I would definitely fall asleep.

My RyanAir Experience
Dude, budget airlines in Europe or maybe just Ryanair is super strict on how big your baggage can be. I packed all the lighter stuff in my suitcase because I knew that would definitely be weighed. So this meant that my carry-on was massively heavy and I had to stuff everything in my duffel bag. It was such a workout just carrying my stuff to the main station. I attempted to walk to the main station from my flat but that only lasted until I got to Pariser Strasse. It was around 11am and I wasn't sure if I would make it to the airport shuttle on time, so I had to ditch my walking plan and take a tram :( There goes 2.40 Euros. Anyways, I was going through security and I was forced to throw away from liquids because I couldn't fit it into the 1L bag they forced me to buy (0.5 euros! that's freakin expensive...but I guess they can do that because there is a demand with limited amount of time since Hahn is literally in the middle of nowhere. Where else can you get the bag right?). I originally packed extra shampoo and conditioner but I had to throw away some of it because it didn't fit in the bag :( I hope I have enough for 3 weeks. I'll have to use it sparingly! Anyways, I was forced to throw away from liquids and I tried to make it look like my bag was not heavy at all.

Then came the hard part. I was supposed to force my stuffed bag into this 50cm x 44cm x 20cm thing to make sure my bag was the correct size. -___- Since my bag was quite overstuffed, it was a bit tricky. I squished my bag as much as I could and when I tried to put it in the thing that tests for size....it didn't make it. The lady asked me for my boarding pass so she could check my bag for THIRTY-FIVE FREAKIN EUROS?!!? WHO THE HELL WOULD PAY THAT MUCH!! So I ran away from here and huddled in a corner to reorganize my bag. After much efforts, I got it to fit into the thing, but....it kinda got stuck when I tried to take it out. And the freaking lady told me "see, it doesn't fit. If it fits, it would go in easily and come out easily". I'm like thinking, dude, it's in the thing, it freakin fits. Don't freaking argue with me what the definition of "fit" is >:O Point is, I was worried that I would be forced to pay the fee to check it in. Phew! I made it!

During the take off, I have to say I was kinda worried for the plane. There was an intense humming sound as we were trying to get through the clouds. It was like an old lady wheezing! When it finally landed, it had a slight hop and it took like 10-15 seconds to decelerate to a normal speed. I was pretty worried -__- Anyways, I'm kinda worried for my second Ryanair flight from Paris to Venice. Hope it will be alright!

Anyways, I'm going to continue watching my Korean drama and then I'll be a crazy American tourist tomorrow :P

No comments:

Post a Comment