Saturday, October 16, 2010

Singapore, Day 2

Not much happened today...I was tired this morning from a bit of studying last night until 4:30am :P I had some Char Kway Teow because my Singaporean friend recommended it to me. It was a combination of some chow fun and chow mein with some sort of shell fish I think. It was quite tasty but oily like beef chow fun.

We were wandering down the downtown area (similar to Market St) and it was alright I guess. Lots of expensive stores that I would never buy stuff from, but inside one of the malls, there was going to be a fashion show or something because there was a catwalk and lots of flashing lights. We didn't have enough time to wait for the show to start, so we had to leave early :(.

Later in the day, I had some Indian food which was pretty good. I asked for some nan instead of rice, but the guy didn't seem to understand me. Is the Indian bread not called Nan? Afterwards, we wandered around for a little bit and then a couple of my friends decided to go to the night safari. When we got to the subway station where we would take the bus to the park, we were approached by some women saying that they would bring us to the safari for free. At first we thought it was pretty sketchy, but since we had two white guys and one asian guy with two girls, it should have been ok :P We had to triple check the tickets we got from the just to make sure it was legit :P

The night safari itself was really fun since it was Halloween themed. We went on a tram ride which must be very similar to the wild animal park in San Diego. We were on a tram with an announcer telling us which animals we were passing by. The announcer seemed pretty into Halloween and tried to make everything sound scary even if it was the boringest thing in the world. There were also random people on the road trying to scare us on the ride so I was on high alert throughout the entire ride because I get scared so easily >.< The scary trail we went on afterwards was pretty funny. I started off saying "This is a really good spot to scare someone" and then someone just jumps out and screams at me, me being me, I screamed :P And then afterwards, one dude in grass camouflage gear scared my friend on one side of the road and I was looking at him going back into formation and I was like "dude, that is soooo good!" and another guy in the exact same gear just jumps out and scares me! Lol...they are so smart, a continuous attack on the pedestrians. I was preeeetty paranoid after that :)

After the night safari, we came back to the hostel and joined the random bbq they were having. It was pretty nice, I ate a hot dog in a slice of white bread lol. Singaporeans must really like sliced bread because they're ice cream sandwiches are wrapped in bread too lol. I was quite surprised (it was tasty though, had a durian ice cream sandwich).

Random Taiwanese phrase: chow fan (fried rice) -->having sex (I always thought it was just making out..oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment