Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thailand and Singapore Airport

I wrote an entry for Thailand, but then I kinda deleted it sooooo just look at my facebook photos, it says it all :P I'll just tell you about my airport experience. The reason why I had to sleep at the airport last week was because I was forced to change my flight to 6:50am the next morning rather than 4:30 the previous afternoon. So, being the cheap college students we all are, we decided to just camp out on the floor of Singapore airport.

Initially, I thought we could just sleep on the benches but it's like the designer made it so that no matter what position you're in, it'll just dig into your side or your back. Since that planned failed, we had to go with Plan B which was the floor. The problem is there's no carpet floors at all, so it's just cold hard solid floor.

Friends on the hard floor (one on his beach towel) and the super uncomfortable chairs

Apparently, some guy behind the counter was staring at us for like thirty minutes until he called me over. He just told us where there were carpeted floors, so he was harmless. Then he asked me if I was Filipino (thats for you Wen), but yay for carpeted floors! So I go to wash my face and brush my teeth in the washroom but it was very awkward since apparently in Singapore, they have workers in the washroom overnight to make sure you don't do something fishy I guess. Just slightly awkward :P

Afterwards, we try to look for the area the guy behind the counter told us about and we walk to this slightly secluded museum part of the airport. The signs deliberately said to not sleep in it but there were at least ten people already camped out in all corners and even some of the structures in the museum. It was basically all guys in the museum (ranges from age 20-50) so I felt preeetty insecure. I seriously thought about pulling an all nighter so that nothing would happen -___- Most of the guys just slept like it was the safest place in the world...guys, they don't understand. In the end I fell asleep and everything was ok :) Got on a plane at 6:10 and I was on my way back to Hong Kong (lots of turbulence though, kinda thought I was going to die. apparently a typhoon was expected to hit Hong Kong at the time. Good thing I made it back alive).

where we camped out :P

No comments:

Post a Comment