Friday, August 27, 2010

College Experience

I am finally experiencing being thrown into a place where you know nobody. It was totally different back in UCSD, I had too many people from Lowell go with me, so I didn't really make too many friends. Since everyone didn't really know anybody, we just kept introducing ourselves to each other. I remember some names with faces and exchanged phone numbers with a few people. Everybody is desperate to make friends and form groups and I'm trying to decide what kind of group I want to join: heavy party goers, moderate ones, or party poopers? I think I'll try for mainly the first two :P.

Last night I left the window open thinking it would be okay since I'm on the 13th floor but a mosquito had a feast on my arms: 4 on my left forearm and 3 on my right forearm. I guess I'm lucky i didn't get bitten on my face but the antihistamines (Benedryl) made me so drowsy during all the orientation today. The only advice I took from it was basically to have fun and don't study too much. I'll keep that in mind :)

Phrases I learned from my British roommate Denise:
1) pop-to-the-loo = going to the toilet
2) fizzy drink = soda

PS. mini rant about China:
-Crocs are in (flats style and more)
-buckets on buses (Shanghai) just for little kids to do their business on the bus cuz they can't hold it in

1 comment:

  1. Please do not go and buy a pair of Crocs. And I support your decision to join the group of moderate partygoers. Hopefully they are the traveling type as well as the partying type. Keep trying to get to know others. You can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete