Saturday, August 21, 2010

I just had the most ridiculous experience ever. I go to the correct gate to board my plane to Shanghai and I’m like, huh…where’s the plane. Next thing I know, I’m following a bunch of people down two flights of stairs and get to ground level. What the heck is going on here, where is the plane? I am certainly at the correct gate. I get on a shuttle bus that is supposed to bring me to where my plane REALLY is. After a 10 minute shuttle ride, we get to a plane pretty much in the middle of no where and I go up a flight of stairs while it’s raining. These stairs are like the ones Obama would stand on while waving to the crowd. I’m like…wtf! Why couldn’t they park the stupid plane where the gate actually is?! Ugh… It just made no sense whatsoever.

Now I have to tell you my uber fail story. So, I came to Beijing looking forward to seeing the Great Wall of China. I kinda wanted to go to the touristy areas with the slides or roller coasters, but Susanna’s teacher said that 金山嶺 is the best part to see the wall so we decided to go there. I’m all excited to go to the wall and do some research on how to get there. I hopped on the bus and got off at what seemed to be the right stop and we get bombarded by these unauthorized taxi drivers to bring us to 金山嶺. We told this one guy we were not interested in going into his car, but he just wouldn’t go away. We walked across the street and then he drove his car over to that side and continued to bother us! The second time I tried going was around the same -____- I thought we failed the first time because we didn't go far enough on the bus. But nope, still got harassed by some Asian men. They really don't know how to take no as a answer.

On a brighter note, I got to see the Watercube and the Bird's Nest :) The water park inside the watercube was amazing! They had a really tall slide from what probably used to be the diving platform that had an initial drop that was like 85 degrees for like seven stories!!! I felt a little bit of a burn on my bottom, but it was totally worth it :)


1 comment:

  1. I bet that driver either thought you guys were pretty or that he could get money out of you. I vote for the pretty reason. ;) Sounds like you had quite the time in Beijing and Shanghai. Make sure not to buy too many fobby clothes. Or just burn them before you come back.

    By the way, I would like some white tea (not sure what it is called in Chinese). I heard it has good healing properties. What for, I am not sure. :D

    ReplyDelete