Saturday, September 25, 2010

Little Sheep Hotpot And Centurion

I honestly don't remember much about this hotpot experience. There's a Little Sheep in San Mateo and San Diego and if I remember correctly, it's really expensive but yummy. We ordered tons of food till we were full for around 8 people and it totaled to around 140 HKD per personvincluding service charge--which means less than 20USD for awesome hotpot! :) (buffet style = 138 HKD/person before service charge). It was a little troublesome ordering the meat because the beef were basically labeled different types of awesomeness (A 級,高級,超級,等等), so yea, we just chose the medium priced one which tasted very good already. So I was satisfied :)

The toilets on the other hand was very bad. First, it wasn't sanitary (liquid all over the floor). Second, there was no handle to flush the toilet with. Instead, you go out towards the sink and get a small bucket full of water from the big bucket(trashcan size) and pour it down the toilet bowl to get it to flush >.<>

Here are some random photos from that night:

Yin Yang Style Hotpot (Spicy and Non-Spicy House Special Soup)

Mushroom Mixture


Squid Balls (Very mushy pre-cooked :P)


Middle Grade (according to price) Lamb?


Middle grade beef


We should do hotpot together again when I get back to UCSD :)


That night we also played centurion which is just one shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes but we didn't have enough beer so we just did up to 50 :P I had enough sense to stop at around 25 or 30 because I could feel that I was getting a bit tipsy but everyone else kept going until around 31 because they ran out of beer. So Andrew and I ran to Queen Mary's Hospital's 7-Eleven to see if there was any beer but I guess they didn't keep any in stock cuz it was on hospital grounds :P. So we just taxi over to the nearest gas station and bought out all their refrigerated beer and taxied back :P Everyone else at that point finished their 50 shots of beer (yay...).

Ooo and the birthday boy (Cel) was given a shot of vodka midway at 12:00am which made him throw up a little (w/in a minute of downing that vodka) but he was ok in the end :) This kind of went against him because we played "I have never..." after Centurion and someone said "I have never thrown up one minute into my birthday" haha.... Some people said some very revealing and semi-uncomfortable ones such as "I have never had sex", "I have never had a three-some", "I have never kissed ______" etc. It was mostly guys who drank to those, tsk tsk. And some where mean like the British guy saying "I have never been to the United States, Australia, Singapore, North America, (and any other country represented by some present except the UK)". Pretty much everyone drank :P People were pretty messed up by the end but I was ok thankfully :)

Centurion (click to enlarge photo)!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you hadn't tried Little Sheep yet. We can go when you come back and then you can tell us the difference between there and here. But if I am recalling correctly, I don't think there were grades of meat, just types of meat. Or maybe they just give us the low grade one. Who knows.

    And congratulations! You have now probably drank more than the three of us combined. Hehe. You should be proud of this achievement. :P

    ReplyDelete