Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shen Zhen

Last update for the night because it's already 5am and I really need to reset my sleep schedule. I've been sleeping at this hour for the past week or so >.<

I went to Shen Zhen last weekend with some guys and Melody. The first thing we did there was eat some expensive but yummy dim sum (蝦餃 was 32 yuan!!!) Later we went to Xili Lake Resort because we didn't have enough time to see Windows of the World. We were walking towards the mountain it was situated by when this lady walks buy and told us she would get us in for a cheap price of 10 yuan instead of 15 yuan. Wei Png was shady enough to actually accept (I guess he could be shady if he was in the Elite Section for the National Service in Singapore for two years). The lady then gave us 6 booklets and I'm wondering...wtf is this? Some sort of passport? It was so scary going through the front gate :\ The booklet was actually for monks to get into temples for free (there were temples in this mountain). Apparently we could pass for monks O.o



The temple looked nice all and the lake was nice too I guess...I don't really know what to say about it....it was all very scenic I guess. Here are some pictures

This a picture of the lake. If I brought pondzie, he would be in this picture.



bottle of coke for just 1 yuan!!! So cheap once you cross the border!



Rock that looks like a person :P



By the end of the night, the friends I was traveling with wanted to a have a massage. Of course I'm wondering, do you they want a massage or do they want a "massage". Luckily, they wanted the first one, but when they asked a man for directions, the man thought he wanted the other "massage" and they kept telling him that he can't find this place and they were all laughing "with him". It was kinda weird..my friend couldn't run away fast enough :P In the end, they found a decent massage place :)

It's already 6:40 am. It's about time I went to bed and stop watching 下一站幸福 :P

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the place made a deal with the woman selling those passports so they get a cut of the profits. Anyways, I would be too scared to use them. But that's me. Hehe.

    You can always photoshop Pondzie into the picture. Or just keep him in your bag/backpack all the time. Hopefully he doesn't get too dirty...

    ReplyDelete